18 September, 2005

Fear and Loathing at the Vet

Yesterday morning was going pretty well. I was just chilling around the house. Then the human got home. Boy was I excited! He could totally feed me! But did he? Oh no.

Instead, he picks me up and puts me in the plastic cage. What the hell was he thinking? I tried to get out, but I couldn't. I knew where this was going—the vet.

Once we got going, it wasn't so bad. It's not like I get to be outside all that often. It was a nice, sunny day, and we had to walk a while to the bus stop. Then we got on the bus, which was kinda neat. We were going pretty fast! And I got to see a lake, which was something I'd never seen before.

Eventually we got off the bus and walked the rest of the way to the vet. This wasn't going to be so bad, I thought. Then we get there, and there was the biggest dog I'd ever seen! Boy was I mad! Then the dog left, but you could still hear a lot of them off in the distance. This was not my kind of place!

Eventually I was taken into the examination room, and it was scary! I tried to tunnel into my human's armpit, and he pet me. It didn't really make me feel better, though. Then the doctor came in and started poking and prodding about me. Eventually, he stuck a needle in my neck. OW! But after a few more minutes, that was it! I went back into the plastic cage and fell asleep for the rest of the way home. When I got home, though, I got all sorts of treats. That night, I even got some turkey!

All in all, I suppose it wasn't that bad. Next time, though, it would be nice to eat first.




2 Comments:

Anonymous Frostin said...

Hi Post,

My family and I aren't too fond of the Vet either, but luckily we only go there about once a year.

WHile I'm here I'd like to introduce you to a friend that I think you will like. His name is Max, and this is his blog; http://psychokitty.blogspot.com/

18 September, 2005 16:48  
Anonymous Wesaturtle said...

I just had to go to my human vet. Being proded is not fun.

18 September, 2005 17:36  

Post a Comment

⇧ Home

Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates